ARVIN KALLOO

ARVIN KALLOO

KALLCO, the construction conglomerate headed by businessman Arvin Kalloo, has sold the majority stake it bought in the Lawrence Duprey-owned MotorOne to a Jamaican general insurance company.

The Sunday Express understands that General Accident Insurance Company Jamaica acquired the stake for about $50 million. In a statement on the sale last week, under the terms of the agreement, General Accident said it acquired a 55 per cent stake in Motor One with the remaining 45 per cent of the shares acquired by Micon Marketing Ltd.

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

This week, we at Bourse review the financial performance of MASSY Holdings Ltd (MASSY) for the year ended on September 30, 2019.

MASSY Holdings Ltd (MASSY)

MASSY Holdings Ltd (MASSY) reported a Basic Earnings per Share (EPS) of $5.76 for the full year ended September 30, 2019, an 8.3 per cent improvement over the reported 2018 figure of $5.32. Group Revenue remained relatively flat, increasing to $11.6b for 2019 (up 0.4 per cent). 

FINANCE Minister Colm Imbert is assuring that the Office of Procurement Regulation would still have the power to investigate government-to-government arrangements after Government makes “slight” amendments to Section 7 of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Property Act next month.

A CALL has been made for Government to take immediate action on campaign finance reform and implementing the public procurement legislation.

Without these two pieces of legislation, says the Trinidad and Tobago Transparency Institute (TTTI), this country’s scoring on the Corruption Perception Index (CPI) will remain stagnant.

Publicly listed TTNGL’s profits declined last year because the international prices of its three products—natural gas liquids propane, butane and natural gasoline—have tumbled, said Dominic Rampersad, president of Phoenix Park Gas Processors Ltd (PPGPL) yesterday.