- Creative Writing entries should not be longer than 5000 words. Entries with more than 5000 words will not be accepted.
- Pieces may be written in the form of essays, speeches or poems.
- All submissions will undergo plagiarism checkers.
Please submit in the following format:
- Cover Page should include Title of piece, Full name, School’s name (if applicable) and contact details (i.e. email, mobile).
- Font: Times New Roman, Black, Size 12, Double-spaced and justified.
Judges will look for entries in each age category which exemplify one or more of the following:
- Clarity and originality of expression
- Significance and originality of thought
- Characters: presentation and development
- Matters of organization (How the submission effectively demonstrates a focused and ordered discussion, a developed and concluded discussion of ideas and establishment and maintenance of a controlling idea)
- Matters of convention – consideration of correctness of mechanics (i.e. spelling, punctuation, capitalization, etc.); grammar
- Matters of choice – the judge will consider the extent to which the writing exhibits effective control of tone (i.e. total impression of stylistic control), diction (i.e. imagery, idiomatic expression, etc.) and syntax (i.e. parallelism, balance, inversion, sentence length.
Language Use 30%
Adherence to Topic 10%
“Wow!” factor 15%