As of Thursday morning, the Ministry of Health reports the following:
• Number of samples submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) for testing for COVID-19 = 49
• Number of samples which have tested positive = 0
The public is also advised that the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) has the only lab that is certified to test samples for COVID-19 and therefore, it is the only lab that can confirm positive or negative results of the samples.
The public is urged to disregard and avoid sharing all unconfirmed, misleading and/or false information about COVID-19 (formerly Novel Coronavirus).
Members of the public are also asked to take the following personal hygiene measures to protect themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19:
• Wash your hands properly with soap and water
· Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if water and soap are not available
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
· Dispose of tissue immediately after using
· Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow if you do not have a tissue
• Avoid touching your face
• Stay home if you are ill
· Avoid close contact with people who have flu-like symptoms