shock

ON the first day that construction work resumed in Phase Two of lifting of the stay at home restrictions, five men were injured after suffering electric shock at a work site.

Police were told that the men, all of Rio Claro, were installing a metal pole at Cushe Village when the incident occurred around 1 p.m. on Thursday.

The police report said that the metal pole came into contact with a high tension wire which led to the electrical shock.

The report identified the victims as Kazim Khan, 34, of Cushe Village; Rohan DeGale, 49, of Poole; Alexander Roger, 46, of Navet; Neil Bedassie, 42, of Navet; and Kevon Cedeno, 33, of Navet.

They were taken to the Rio Claro District Health Facility.

Police said Cedeno and Roger sustained superficial burns, and were treated and discharged from the health facility.

The other victims were transferred to the Sangre Grande Area Hospital where they were warded in stable condition.

Rio Claro police are continuing investigations.

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

THE delivery of education during the period of school closure has been fraught with challenges and teaching cannot simply resume as normal when schools reopen in September.

From the lack of accountability of teachers to the lack of access to the Internet and devices for many pupils, the process has simply not been effective.