As of Monday afternoon, the Health Ministry reports the following:
Number of samples submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA), the UWI and other local sites for testing for COVID-19 27,527
Number of samples which have tested positive at public and private facilities in Trinidad and Tobago 3,141
Total number of active cases 2,299
Number of deaths 55
Number of persons discharged 787
The Ministry of Health provides the following update:
The Ministry of Health regrets to inform the public that there is an additional COVID-19 related death. The person is an elderly male with co-morbidities. This brings the total number of COVID-19 related deaths to 55.
• Fifty (50) additional persons have tested positive for COVID -19.
The fifty (50) positive cases reported above show results from samples taken during the period September 3rd to September 12th, 2020. Therefore, this figure is NOT representative of the positive cases over the last 24 hours only.
Members of the public are reminded that they must adhere to the ‘New Normal’ recommendations and take the following personal health measures to protect themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19:
• Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
• Keep your distance from others (6 feet)
• Stay home if you are ill
• Clean then sanitize surfaces (e.g. tabletops, door knobs and cell phones)
• Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
• Cough into a tissue or into the crook of your elbow
• Avoid touching your face
If you or a loved one develops symptoms of COVID-19, please call the hotline 877-WELL or 800-WELL (9355) for further guidance. If the person is severely ill, call the 811 (emergency hotline) or call ahead to the Accident and Emergency Department of your nearest hospital for help and go in immediately.