Aniah McLeod

reward offered: Two-year-old Aniah McLeod was fatally shot in Tunapuna on Friday night, in an incident which also claimed the life of her father, Stephon McLeod.

POLICE detained a man this week for the June 19 murder of a father and his two-year-old daughter who were gunned down near the child’s home at Fairley Street, Tunapuna.

Police said that a team of officers from the Region Two Homicide Bureau detained the man on Wednesday at his home. Police did not want to say where the suspect lives but added that they arrested him with little help from people who witnessed the killings.

Police said that the Director of Public Prosecutions will be approached today for instructions on whether the suspect will be charged.

Police said around 7.15 p.m. on June 19, the girl’s father, Stefan Mc Leod, 39, picked up his daughter, Aniah Jaggernauth, in his car, telling her mother he was taking her to get pies.

Police said less than 100 feet from where he picked her up, a silver and black coloured SUV stopped near his. A guman opened fire on the car, hitting father and daughter many times.

Mc Leod’s car crashed into another car.

Father and daughter were taken to hospital. Mc Leod was pronounced dead at 7.45 p.m. and his daughter seven minutes later.

CRIME STOPPERS have since offered a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the those responsible for the murders.


Trinidad and Tobago’s Covid-19 count continues to rise, as four additional cases were confirmed yesterday.

This takes the number of confirmed cases to 173.

The Ministry of Health gave the information in its morning update. None of the new cases has been classified as imported or a contact of a recently confirmed case.

A MEMBER of the Trinidad and Tobago Prison Service is one of the latest people to have contracted the Covid-19 virus.

With the positive result, acting Prisons Commissioner Dennis Pulchan yesterday ordered the evacuation and closure of the Prisons Administration Building in Port of Spain.